Thursday, August 2, 2012

From My Kitchen To Yours :)

When I started my cake and cupcake business, one of my former culinary instructors sent me a message. "Have you thought of pre-measured packets of cupcake mix?", she wrote. I hadn't. In fact, maybe it went against the grain of what I was trying to achieve. Shouldn't my goal as a business be to encourage people to buy cakes/cupcakes fully baked and decorated by me? I mulled it around for awhile, but the more I thought about it, the more I actually liked it. After all, there are a lot of moms and dads out there who want to make their child's birthday cake themselves, but don't have the time to go through the entire process of scratch baking with their busy family lives. There are also people who want the ease of a mix, but not all of the un-pronouncable ingredients, artificial flavours, and preservatives of most commercially available mixes. Mixes are convenient, plain and simple, but they could be so much better!
And, ours are...

$7 each or 2 for $12

Check out those real vanilla seeds

Sugar Sweet's cake mixes are made from real ingredients, no chemicals or preservatives...and you can see the vanilla seeds right in the mix. Just add melted butter, eggs, and water...that's it!
They are available for purchase through our facebook page, by email or phone call. We also sell them at special events around town, so if we have a table going, come by and pick one up! We'd love to see you :)

One of our biggest fans with his mixes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment